Programming HomeLink system

I'm trying to program a 2008 Sienna HomeLink button using an original security gate remote (with fresh battery). This system appears to be identical to the Prius system. I have succcessfully programmed this very same remote into my '06 Prius and '04 Sienna, but no dice on the '08 Sienna. I am following the instructions in the manual, but it never transitions into the rapid flashing mode indicating a successful program. The dots below the little house icon just turn off after about a minute of slow flashing while operating the original remote.

Anyone have any tips or suggestions? The fact that I've programmed with this remote twice before, and I was able to program two other garage openers in the '08 Sienna without problems makes me wonder if something has changed in the HomeLink system in the '08 Sienna for whatever type of remote this is.

Thanks, Doug

Reply to
DougSlug