Love my new Prius

I used to own a Saturn; now I own a Prius.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

It's been a while since I tried it, so I don't remember. (I rarely get to drive my 2001 these days anyways...) But I was in a parking lot, probably less than 10mph.

Reply to
mrv

The owner's manual states which shift directions require the button press, and which ones do not. I've accidentially hit the shift lever out of D into N on my 2001 a few times (adjusting the radio volume, hit a bump in the road, which causes me to hit the shift lever up), scaring me when I floor the accelerator and I just slow down while the engine revs up... But to go from N->R you need to press the button on the gear shift lever.

-----

----- There's an owner's manual??

Just kidding. I think you're right. It only went into nuetral.

Reply to
mark digital©

Hubby's previous car was a Saturn, too, before he got his Prius. He would've kept his Saturn if the new pioneer-ordered 2004 Prius wasn't so tempting...

When I was looking in 2000 for a new car, it was either a Saturn or the Prius. Both were no-haggle pricing, direct order the vehicle you wanted. With size, pricing, maintenance and insurance costs being equal, I went with the Prius because it had lower emissions, was more fun to drive, and had better fuel economy. Now when I look at the used prices for the same vehicles (depreciation costs), my 2001 Prius is worth about 2x as much as the Saturn that I had been considering back then.

Reply to
mrv