Mountain Bike Carrier

Can anyone recommend the best way to carry a mountian bike on the Prius. I'll be using on a regular basis so need to consider the options that dont mean long bike rack install and removal cycles

Right now on my Focus I have an excellent Witter bike rack permanatly attatched to a Witter tow bar. This is perfect.

thanks

Reply to
Robin Smith

Best recommendation is to go to

and see what they have available to fit the model year you'll be buying. Their website offers a hitch receiver unit for the 2003 model, but it is possible they have accessories for the 2004 or 05 models that aren't listed. Once you have a receiver, you can put any standard bike rack designed to go into a receiver (less than five minutes to install the rack and lock it into place.

KK

Reply to
Kevin Kirkeby

also sells their TriSport Bike Rack systemsfor the 2005 Prius.

Reply to
olicount

Humm..

My dealer said the warranty would be voided if I towed anything, so why is there a demand for a hitch carrier?

John Baker

"Rob>Can anyone recommend the best way to carry a mountian bike on the Prius.

Reply to
John Baker

See subject line. You don't tow a mountain bike, you mount it's carrier in the hitch receiver.

Reply to
Bill