nav

I have an 06 with the nav package, the software version is "ver.05.1", I cannot access the program menu while moving and the override tweak doesn't
work,I wonder what software version you all have? My 06 was made in china, I have installed the ev mode switch and xm radio, got them from coastal electronics :), from weathertech I installed rubber mats and vent shades, I do my own maintained, red line synthetic oil, 45.4 mpg pretty consistently,I am on the hunt for an aftermarket gel battery, I am dealing with:
(The U1 40 Ah is out of stock until late August and it wouldn't have automotive terminals on it. Look at the 12 volt 50 Ah (UB12500), if you can fit that and work with standard nut and bolt terminals, that would give you the most power. Its just a hair bigger then the U1.
Best Regards,
Taylor Beiter SEP Technologies (866) 819-6035 Toll Free (817) 795-0625 (817) 277-9773 (817) 277-4440 Fax)
this company,haven't yet made a purchase, I run my tyres at 35 front 30 rear, driver comfort is the utmost component, anyway what nav version do you all have?

Toyota removed the override tweak from the 06 model.

There's an override tweak for 04 and 05 models? I somehow missed reading about that, unless you're talking about that $99 electronic doohickey I've considered buying.
--
Mike Rosenberg
<http://macconsult.com/cafepress/ Net Junkie and Mac-themed shirts etc.

No, just the opposite; the tweak is available on the 04 and 05 models, but not on the 06.

snipped-for-privacy@POSTTOGROUP.invalid (Mike Rosenberg) wrote:

Yes, there is an override. It has to be done each time the car is started up, while the car is not moving.
1. When viewing the map, press the MENU button. 2. On the menu screen, touch VOLUME. In rapid succession, touch the following points on the screen: top left (the speaker icon), bottom left, top left, bottom left. 3. This will bring up a GPS Nav technical menu. On the left side, youll see a button marked Override. Press this button and hold your finger there until it beeps. 4. After it beeps, press the BACK button at the top right of the screen, then at the next screen, press OK.
In other words,
1. Press The Menu Button 2. Press the Volume Button 3. Press The Upper Left Of The Screen 4. Press The Lower Left Of The Screen 5. Press Upper Left Of The Screen Again 6. Press Lower Left Of The Screen Again 7. Press And Hold The Override Button 8. Press Back Button 9. Done! The Buttons Are Now Accessible

Thanks, Michelle! I guess this, like most procedures, can become habit after you've done it a while. I'm less tempted to spend the 99 bucks now.
--
Mike Rosenberg
<http://macconsult.com/cafepress/ Net Junkie and Mac-themed shirts etc.
MFH wrote:

Really? What's the first digit and the 11th digit of your VIN?
My understanding of the Chinese plant was that they were only selling their produced Prius to the Chinese market only. AFAIK all Prius sold otherwise are produced out of one of 2 plants in Japan.
Anyhow, Menu>Map DVD will only tell you the database version. It doesn't tell you the version of the navigation system. The 2006 Prius has a newer navigation system than was on the 2004-2005 Prius, which was different than what was on the 2002-2003 Prius (and maybe also the 2001 Prius).
The navigation system that is on the 2004-2005 Prius has, in some hidden screens, a way to temporarily disable the greying out of buttons while moving. This button sequence doesn't work on the 2006 Prius, as the 2006 Prius supposedly has a way of entering in data using voice activation while moving.

Unless the voice recognition system has improved remarkably, we're going to see a lot of 2006's at Thai restaurants.
The first digit is J, the 11'th is 3, I'm guessing the j stands for japan, this means, omg, that my dealer was dishonest,I am interested in the nav versions others have, (database,software), the lack of info and the dis-info from my dealer is overwhelming,hence I seek info here.
So what versions do others have?

MFH wrote:

VIN 1st digit is country of manufacture. J = Japan VIN 11th digit is the plant of manufacture. 3 = Tsutsumi, 7 = Toyota Auto Body

Site Timeline