New Problem

Yesterday, while pulling away from a light, my 07 Prius lurched as if the brakes had been put on, had no acceleration, and several dash lights came on (Red triangle with an exclamation point in it, the check engine light, the yellow circle with an exclaimation point in it, and the VSC light). No brake warning light was on. From a stop, it took over a mile to reach 45 MPH. The gas engine was running but the gas pedal had no effect on aceleration, though the engine was reving quite high. After having sat for

2 hours in 50 degree air, the car ran and accelerated normally, though all the dash lights were still on except for the the yellow circle with an exclaimation point in it, and the VSC light.

Any ideas what this is about?

Reply to
Randy Maheux

When I started the car after sitting overnight in 45 degree air, there were no warning lights on and the car drove normally. I took it to the dealer. they were able to down load 2 trouble codes, both with an un named component in the hybrid system. but since the car had no problems when they saw it, they couldn't fix anything - Toyota wouldn't let them return an expensive part that was not "defective". Now I am left with driving the car till it breaks again. Fault codes aren't enouh - What a system - Thank you Toyota!

Reply to
Randy Maheux

The dealer wasn't very forthcoming, saying only that it was a very expensive part of the hybrid system and was covered under warenty. When it breaks again, I'll fill everyone in.

Reply to
Randy Maheux