No Waiting Now

Prius finally available without a wait http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2006-11-05-prius-usat_x.htm

Add pictures here
βœ–

Low fuel prices are giving people breathing room whilst they focus their attention on the depressed home sales market. There's a lot of people getting crushed by their variable rate no principle mortgage. Their old clunker will have to see a few more days. Or at least wait until a Democrat gets into the White House. Inflation is bad for those of us who own what we own but it's good news for that segment I just mentioned.
mark_
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 16:21:44 -0500, "mark_digital©"

Only stupid people vote Republican. That's why Republicans happily vote for you.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I think that is both inaccurate and useless. I know some truly brilliant people who would never think of voting Democrat and some truly brilliant people who would never think of voting Republican. Opinion and logic are distinct concepts.
I vote Prius. My wife and I have now cast two votes totalling over $30K US. My guess is that in a decade or two those are the only votes we are casting now that will still mean anything, as the Prius and its descendants will ride the wave of acceptance to dominate the passenger car industry. 'Bout time.
Mike
Add pictures here
βœ–

Well stated! And I'd much rather disagree with someone like you on politics than agree with someone like the previous poster.
Of course, we all know that any of that is off-topic here.
--
<http://designsbymike.biz/macconsultshop.shtml Mac-themed T-shirts
<http://designsbymike.biz/musings.shtml Mostly muckraking T-shirts

Not all politics are off-topic. If the winners in yesterday's election demonstrate some modicum of sincerity about energy issues we might see meaningful changes to the ridiculous energy bill passed last year. It's possible (one can only hope) that some of these folks understand the simple fact that there is a buck to be made cleaning up the environment. Building, installing and maintaining wind generators, for example, creates jobs. Stimulating our automotive industry to produce clean, fuel efficient automobiles manufactured here creates jobs and improves our trade deficit. The problem of late has been too much emphasis on protecting outdated, polluting industries and not enough emphasis on creating environmentally sound alternatives.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I didn't mean to imply that. Any general arguments of about one party over another are off-topic.
--
<http://designsbymike.biz/macconsultshop.shtml Mac-themed T-shirts
<http://designsbymike.biz/musings.shtml Mostly muckraking T-shirts
βœ–

We agree. It's never fair to compare what one party has done with speculation about what the other party might have done. It is fair to critique the action of any party to the extent that action (or inaction) relates to the interests of people who operate the clean, fuel efficient Prius. IMHO
Add pictures here
βœ–

For me, pollution is secondary to cutting the embilicOIL cord with OPEC. mark_
Add pictures here
βœ–

Sit back, take a deep breath, and think about this simple statement:
The last one with oil wins.
Now, should we drill in the ANWR or should it become part of our strategic reserve?
Add pictures here
βœ–
Bill wrote:

'Argon spokesperson: "Here at our multibillion dollar refinery in Fairbanks, we're extracting 2.5 billion barrels of crude oil each day from teenagers' faces."' Kentucky Fried Movie, 1977

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjd8bjyIkDE

Add pictures here
βœ–

That was good!
Add pictures here
βœ–

I'd rather drill than to continue burying our dead. How does that grab you?
mark_
Add pictures here
βœ–

Okay, now _this_ is an example of what I'd call off-topic politics here, as it's completely removed from the Prius and hybrid vehicles in general.
--
<http://designsbymike.biz/macconsultshop.shtml Mac-themed T-shirts
<http://designsbymike.biz/musings.shtml Mostly muckraking T-shirts
βœ–

You have no idea where it would have led to. Cool your jets. You ain't the only adult in this group. mark_
Add pictures here
βœ–

I'm sorry, but I'm just expressing my opinion, and I feel that this part of the discussion belongs in a political newsgroup, not here. As an adult, do I not have the right to express that opinion?
--
<http://designsbymike.biz/macconsultshop.shtml Mac-themed T-shirts
<http://designsbymike.biz/musings.shtml Mostly muckraking T-shirts
βœ–

"Cool your jets" means allow a little more time before cracking the whip. We bought our Prius many because we felt it was wrong to open up the Artic so it could be wasted. So, in affect, our purchase was a political one. And it bothers me to know there's so many idiots out there that don't have or don't want to have a clue. The Prius is surrounded by politics. My comment was on the fring and I had no intention of continuing it any further.
mark_
Add pictures here
βœ–

That may be so, but the thing is, that doesn't mean someone else won't come along and respond with something inflammatory, and before you know it, we have a full blown-out political argument entirely removed from anything to do with this group. I've seen it happen all the time, including in the Mac groups, where there's an Islam vs Christianity vs Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster argument currently going on.
--
<http://designsbymike.biz/macconsultshop.shtml Mac-themed T-shirts
<http://designsbymike.biz/musings.shtml Mostly muckraking T-shirts
βœ–

That's true. Doesn't take much to change one's name so they can jump in and not tarnish their established conservative reputation. Unless they're stupid enough to use the same computer and provider. mark_
Add pictures here
βœ–

All these posts about what is and is not "off topic" are off topic.
Add pictures here
βœ–