Who make a hitch receiver for an '85 Jetta ?

I need to add a 2" hitch receiver to my '85 Jetta, that I can slide a bike rack into.

Bofore I go to U-Haul and have them bastardize a generic hitch receiver to fit this car, does anyone make a hitch receiver specifically for the Jetta A2s ?

- FM -

Reply to
Fred Mau

Valley doesn't. They list only the Class 1, hich is not a receiver style. I think your Jetta has a flat surface on the bottom of the rear bumper, under the plastic cover. I'd get a 6" class II tube (Just the square tube, a stock part for a hitch supplier), weld it to a flat plate (about 6" x 4") and bolt it to the bottom of the bumper. You will have to cut the bumper cover away to fit around the plate. Or you could just weld the tube to the bumper.

||I need to add a 2" hitch receiver to my '85 Jetta, that I can slide a bike ||rack into. || ||Bofore I go to U-Haul and have them bastardize a generic hitch receiver to ||fit this car, does anyone make a hitch receiver specifically for the Jetta ||A2s ? || || || - FM - || ||

Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

I ordered mine from etrailer.com, they had one for my 2000 VW golf so I'm sure they would have something to fit your car. I ordered the "hidden hitch" brand, I've yet to see how good it installs though.

Reply to
news