Silly Question I'm Sure

Does anyone know of any AVAILABLE new Prius' out there? Within 50 miles of New York Metro area? Thanks.

Reply to
Kevin

Get on the web and check out the web sites for the various Toyota dealers in the area.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

But note those web sites, in my experience, seem not to reflect reality. Here, when they claim to have unsold Priuses/Prii (still not sure about that plural) on the lot, they are actually those with deposits on them that have not been claimed yet, or the web site is just plain out of date. Still, you are going to have to check with the dealers, as said.

Reply to
Jean B.

I ordered one in April 2004 from Rockland Toyota. The car came in August 2004 and they demanded $3000 over MSRP. I refused to pay and they sold to someone else. I finally got a prius from Geis Toyota in Cortlandt Manor NY in Jan 05. They are the only honest dealer in the area (was not charged a cent over MSRP) The other dealers are all charging as much as they can get away with.

Good luck!

Reply to
a klein

What are you, a Communist? In free market America (especially in George Bush's free market America) dealers charge whatever the highest bidder will pay. Anyone who can't pay learns to do without and adjusts their investment strategy until they can afford to pay.

Reply to
richard schumacher

Never order anything that expensive without a signed quote from the dealer, indicating what you will havve to pay when the item arrives. If you had had a firm order, they couldn't have done this to you.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Missman

Hmmmm....50 miles? Good luck

Northampton MA, 2 nice used ones, low miles. One is a 2000 or a 2001, one is a 2003-4. They sell RAPIDLY, I'm sure you know.

About 400 mi from NYC.

Reply to
Hachiroku