Tesla

In other words? Read what you just wrote. You are being an asshole, not me.

Reply to
Was Istoben

I'm just responding to you in the same manner that you attacked me. So stop whining.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner
Reply to
Michelle Vadeboncoeur

Children, children! No one should ever have to make a point in this Forum more than once in any thread.a dozen (more or less) messages sent in a 24 hour period is ridiculous. Go to e-mail or IM or something else.

As regards the Prius: It's a hybrid, dependent on a gasoline engine for more than minor motive power (a few low speed moves while the battery is fully charged, for instance), and principally uses the gasoline engine to keep its battery charged. It can also use kinetic energy to recharge its battery, while slowing down or braking. But it is also dependent on the electric motor in two respects: It needs the motor to move off from a stop, and it needs the motor for reverse.

A much more mild form of hybrid involves several GM cars being currently built: They are primarily conventional vehicles with auto transmissions, but shut the engine off when stopped. Pressing on the accelerator restarts the engine. They are not dependent on an electric motor for anything other than an engine start.

The forthcoming Chevrolet Volt will be a hybrid primarily dependent on its battery for motive power for a largish number of miles, and using an internal combustion engine solely for recharging the battery while the car is in use. It is also capable of recharging its battery from electric service while not in use, so will be a Plugin Hybrid Electric Vehicle.

Reply to
Peter Granzeau

How much more will they weigh after they are filled with electricity? :-)

Reply to
Was Istoben

IIRC the Tesla sport car cost about 105,000 dollars each and there is a waiting list for them. However, if you willing to wait until 2011, reports that I am reading suggest that the upcoming new generation of EVs - like the Volt or Chrysler's EV jeeps will initial cost 10,000 dollars more more than a comparable new PHEV/ HEV and almost 20,000 dollars more than a regular conventional gas/diesel vehicle.

When the Volt and Chrylser's EV jeep reach the dealerships about 2010 or 2011, these new EVs are expected to cost from

40,000 to 60,000 each. Reports suggest the new PHEV Prius and Insight which should arrive at the dealers around 2010 and cost from 25,000 to 33,000. I am expecting the Hyundai HEV which should arrive at the dealership around 2011 is likely to be the cheapest HEV on the market.

Both EVs and PHEVs purchased in 2009 and there afterwards may qualify for tax credit.

Reply to
fred seaver

I think you both can't stand being wrong. The defense mechanisms are just different: one lashes out and the other resorts to arrogance.

But I could be wrong. And I'm OK with that.

Reply to
DougSlug

Me too.

Reply to
Was Istoben

hmmmmm....

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

I can't say that I'm never wrong. Well, I could say it, but I'd be wrong.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner