Toyota Prius engine stops

I was sitting at a stop light and my 2014 Prius engine turned itself off. I hit
the start button to restart it. I put it in Drive. Right away the engine
stopped again. Happened a third time before it stayed on. Any explanation?
Anyone else having this problem?
Reply to
Chris Killorin
I'm not even sure it *IS* a problem - it's a Prius! It manages the ICE engine on its own, and unless your battery is nearly drained, it would shut the engine down at a stop light. Been driving Prius(es) for 8 years, I pretty much don't even pay attention to whether the engine is running or not anymore. I just know that when it's actually needed, it will be there. Do not freak out when the engine stops - it's supposed to do it when its power is not needed.
Reply to
passerby
In article ,
Go on, everyone, feed the troll.
If he's not a troll, he's a complete and utter idiot.
Either way, nothing to see here. Move along.
Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty
Chris Killorin:
That's a feature, not a problem. The engine is supposed to shut itself off (to save fuel) when not needed, including when going downhill and when the car is stopped. It will re-start automatically as needed to keep the batteries charged. You will reach the point where you do not notice whether the petrol engine is running or not.
Reply to
Davoud

Site Timeline Threads