Toyota Prius engine stops

I was sitting at a stop light and my 2014 Prius engine turned itself off. I hit the start button to restart it. I put it in Drive. Right away the engine
stopped again. Happened a third time before it stayed on. Any explanation? Anyone else having this problem?
replying to Chris Killorin , passerby wrote:

hit
I'm not even sure it *IS* a problem - it's a Prius! It manages the ICE engine on its own, and unless your battery is nearly drained, it would shut the engine down at a stop light. Been driving Prius(es) for 8 years, I pretty much don't even pay attention to whether the engine is running or not anymore. I just know that when it's actually needed, it will be there. Do not freak out when the engine stops - it's supposed to do it when its power is not needed.

Go on, everyone, feed the troll.
If he's not a troll, he's a complete and utter idiot.
Either way, nothing to see here. Move along.
Chris Killorin:

That's a feature, not a problem. The engine is supposed to shut itself off (to save fuel) when not needed, including when going downhill and when the car is stopped. It will re-start automatically as needed to keep the batteries charged. You will reach the point where you do not notice whether the petrol engine is running or not.
you will say in your entire life.

Site Timeline