What did Toyota know, and when did they know it?

The Brits had Lucas, Prince of Darkness.

Reply to
Conscience

Wow. Do I have to use the for EVERYBODY?!?!?!

But, yeah, now that you mention it, it *IS* GM's fault!

so there.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Yup. They are not going to take this lieing down. Expect them to come back stronger than ever.

And if they don't, they are probably toast in the US.

Reply to
Hachiroku

News Flash from this morning: GM is recalling 1,200....

WORKERS to increase production of smaller cars. Hmmm....Open bashing of Toyota in the Mainstream Media, followed by Government Motors calling in more workers to try to pick up the slack Toyota sales are going to put in the market?

I think the LAST place I would go looking for a replacement for my Toyota would be GM! I want a BETTER car!!! Remember the Vega? Nice car, but horrible manufacturing. Citation? Interesting design, horrible manufacturing. Chevette? The "Corolla Fighter"? Miserable exection of a design that, at the time, should have been a market leader.

Subaru, here I come!

Reply to
Hachiroku

66937346

See! You can be useful and humorous at times.

So, where the hell WERE you, anyway? New Year's Resolution, "I will stay away from the Toyota group!" that went bad?

Reply to
Hachiroku

Um, that's pretty much what happened. I don't know how. It was something like a very good swimmer going out to rescue someone who was drowning, and the drowner pulls the good swimmer under. That's why Diamler dumped Chrysler on the market for comparatively pennies. Diamler quality suffered during the partnership.

Reply to
Hachiroku

You really don't know much except a bunch of smart-ass retorts, do you?

Reply to
Hachiroku

OK. It's GM's fault.

so there.

Reply to
Hachiroku

I could pick on some newer ones as well. Cobalt, perhaps? Warmed-over Cavalier but with a new set of problems? Check it out, owners are so unhappy the lots are almost giving them away to get rid of them.

HHR? Base 4 cylinder and AT that can't get out of it's own way? TRY to find one with the 172HP and a 5-speed. Nearest one to me was 2,500 miles away.

"Japanese name"? Know what a "hachiroku" is? Thought not.

That's because our cars have treated us so well over the years. Fanboi? Perhaps. I've only had about 12 of them. Not a bad one in the bunch, either. Why they don't even develop the kinds of problems most cars do at

100,000 at 175,000 or even 225,000 miles. Or more.

And if 'you're not used to it', don't respond. Nobody says you have to. But this is usenet, and that's why almost all news readers have Bozo Bins. You can roll around with the few morons in there that have nothing to say, but need to say it anyway. And why is there a whistling noise attached with all your posts?

HINT: Put some cotton balls in your ears...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Sure. every time I someone tells me I should have bought American. No problem. I guess you read all 15 times, eh? Good for you. You're not as stupid as you've been coming across.

Likewise, I'm sure, buckethead. You sure don't have a lot to say, but just keep on pounding the keys.

The best you can do is point out what a 'putz" I am? And how superiorily gifted you are? You have not yet said ONE thing to either add or detract from the original post except to point my 'weaknesses' out to me, and didn't even catch the joke in the original post without having to have it explained to you.

Yeah, asshat, motormouth indeed.

You have no point whatsoever, except the sharp one at the top of your head, Zippy.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Wow. No matter what your bias always comes shinning thru.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Cooper is right on the mark here. You people DO seem to have tin foil hats on when it comes to this issue.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

It's nothing like that. Or will you claim that if two people go to dinner and one orders clams and the other gets a ham sandwich that if the guy who ordered the clams gets sick the guy will the ham sandwich will also have to go to the doctor???

That's why

Chrysler was abused by MB. If problems developed they were due solely to MB own actions.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

so what's this, the 16th time you've posted the same drivel?

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

In message , Ashton Crusher writes

You've got the gall to criticize Toyota owners, have you ever heard of a biblical quotation sat say's "remove the plank from your own eye before condemning some with a speck in theirs"?

Reply to
Clive

Damn right. Two brand new junk GM products in the family was enough for me. Except the 1964 Nova, bought used with about 150,000 miles on it, and went another 100,000 miles. If GM wanted to clean up, they'd dust off this set of blueprints and get to work.

Pile on top of that 14 excellent Toyotas. That's because no one in the family would touch another GM with a 10 foot pole.

Even one cousin, a die-hard GM owner got fed up and bought a RAV-4. Got sick of weekly trips to the dealer.

Reply to
Hachiroku

I'm sorry? Up your WHAT, you say?

Reply to
Hachiroku

There's an interesting publication called the Wall Street Journal. It's available to you, I'm sure, but at last check it cost $1.50. You'd have to learn to read better, first. There's a LOT of big words in there.

If you could, you'd find that Diamler's troubles didn't start until into their affiliation with Chrysler, and that they shed Chrysler just as much for that reason as they did for losing money.

Reply to
Hachiroku

A closer look into Asshton's head?

Hachiroku

Neither one of you seems to read above a thrid-grade level.

Wow. Unbelievable...

Do I have to put in the marker for you, too?

Reply to
Hachiroku