What did Toyota know, and when did they know it?

Just stop bashing Toyota...er, at least,as much...

Reply to
Hachiroku

moi???

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Too many jobs. I have a regular job that invovles commuting around 40 to 50 miles a day. I have a farm that is 150 miles away and I have to go there at least twice a week in the winter. When my kids were younger and in school I had to drive them another 10 miles a day. Usually whenever anyone wants to go somewhere, I end up driving (especially when I had the Expeditions - everybody loved riding in those as long as they didn't have to buy the gas). This time of year, I probably drive 650 miles a week going back and forth to my farm, another 200 or so driving back and forth to my real job, and probably another 150 a week between my kid's aparment and the SO's house. Throw in three or four long trips a year and I exceed 50,000 miles a year. If spring ever comes, I will actually make fewer trips to my farm (but stay for longer periods), so my monthly mileage will decrease. If Ford ever sells a diesel Fiesta, I should get one. The gas savings could pay for it. I breifly considered buying a Prius and probably should have. But, I really like the size of the F150. I drove a Nissan Frontier back and forth for three years and it got to the point I was a crippled for hours after getting out of it. Getting old is a bitch. The F150 has so much room it is like riding in a living room. Too bad it only averages around 16 mpg.

Did I mention that in the spring, I probably set in a tractor seat for

14 hours at a clip? My three tractor currently show a total of around 14,000 hours on the meter. I probably put around 400 hours a year running one of those mostly between March and October.

Ed

Reply to
Ed White

Holy Crap! I was doing ~500 at one point, now I'm down to 250-350. One of the reasons I own Japanese cars! My current car, the beater Soob is probably not going to see another year, which is upsetting (hey, it's an '89!) because of my "fleet", it's probably the most comfortable, next to the Supra.

I'm debating fixing it up; it needs a LOT, but it's just so darn COMFORTABLE!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Nah, yer Aunt Tillie!

Reply to