Where can one test drive in W burbs of Boston?

I asked the dealer, and he laughed--as one might expect, given what I have read. My only thought is maybe I can rent one somewhere for 24 hours. I want to see how the headlights are for one thing. Also how alien the controls and instrumentation feel. I have thought about getting a Prius for a long time and think I will do the deed--either now or waiting until 2006, depending on what I can read about the differences etc. Thanks,

Reply to
Jean B.

Which dealer laughed?

I drove one at Lexington Toyota. They usually have a demo available. I ordered one there from John Stanley.

Al

Reply to
A Sherman

My husband and I adore Gilles at Westboro Toyota. They have demos to test drive. Or there is a gathering in Framingham of Prius people coming up on Aug 6. Details in one of the recent postings...

Cheers Russ

Reply to
RRG

A late thinks. I got to drive one today at Woburn Foreign Motors. That dealership, and the salesman there, seemed a lot nicer than Watertown, where I have the deposit. Now I see Watertown has tacked on a $586 surcharge, so I am pondering whether to back out of that, even though I can probably get a car there within a week or two. I would have to wait more like 6 months in Woburn (possibly getting an '06)....

Reply to
Jean B.

We have never felt comfortable at Watertown Toyota. Our guy at Herb Chambers Boston, has since moved on. Gilles at Westboro was a straight shooter (we paid msrp) and did well by us on our trade (a noble but too small Insight). Last time I was out there they had a few on the lot, so depending on the package/color you want, he may be able to help you out. Tell him Russ and Eddie sent ya ;-)

Cheers Russ

Reply to
RRG

Westboro is a bit far afield for me, but let me look online and see what they say they have and go from there. If I can get back my REFUNDABLE deposit, I may just take myself somewhere else. If I can't, I am planning to say I have two witnesses, and I will plaster that all over the Prius lists and NGs.

Does anyone here know anything about Lexington Toyota? Sales or service?

Reply to
Jean B.

Of course you can buy anywhere and have it serviced closer to home (which is what we have done with our 2 prii). I'd recommend calling Westboro and asking for Gilles to talk about availability rather than relying on what's published online (that old left hand right hand thang ;-))

Russ

Reply to
RRG

My dealer has an empty waiting list and two units on the way but you will have to fly to Fargo to pick one up. msrp. :-)

Reply to
Ingenuous

Okay. I hate the phone but will gird myself. Is Gilles pronounced like Giles or?????

Reply to
Jean B.

That's a BIG help==although with the navigation system, it could be fun! (I am really looking forward to that nav system!)

Reply to
Jean B.

Gilles rhymes with eels

Reply to
RRG

Okay! It's lucky I asked. I have never run into that name before. Thanks, Russ.

Reply to
Jean B.

Just don't get upset with the nav lady. English is her second language. She speaks it well but doesn't understand diddly squat. If you yell at her she'll start to sob.

Reply to
Ingenuous

LOL! I will be glad to have the nav system in the first place. May go out to the recommended dealership tomorrow. I am now hoping the car doesn't come in at the other place until I can check out this nicer-sounding place. I would like to get one soon though, since MY car has been having problems (at the age of 3!!!!), and I am not convinced they have been fixed after nine days at the dealership. Anyway, this would give me a good opportunity to segue into driving the Prius, although I gather I may just decide that is the car I want to drive!

Reply to
Jean B.