Wirring sound

This incredibly pointless argument could make a good thesis in sociology... or psychopathology.
The combatants obviously need much more than online
sparring. If each of you will send me her email, I will send invitations to a mutually convenient manicure salon where you can shout at each other while getting your talons clipped.
On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 17:58:27 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"

Where do you keep your owner's manual? Is it easy to get to and read at, say, 10:00 PM? Is it a comfortable place to read? Is it well-lit? Or, like probably 99% of car owners, is the owner's manual in the glove box of the car parked outside someplace?
Peter Granzeau wrote:

I'll bet it is easier for 99.999% of car owners to find their owners manual at night in a snow storm than to find the actual wording of specific instructions and information on the internet.

It's in the file cabinet downstairs, along with the service records.
By the way, are you saying that it's TOO ONEROUS for you to go outside and open the car and get the owner's manual from your glovebox? Jesus, are Americans really that lazy?

No, but his argument is a red herring.
--
Save America; vote for Obama

Michelle Steiner wrote:

What argument? "None in evidence."

Laughs out loud.
On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 20:00:46 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"

Frankly, it depends on where one is when the question comes up. If one is dressed for bed, one may not wish to get dressed again to research something in the car.
My manual is in the car, where it belongs. If Toyota didn't want me to keep the owner's manual in the car, why did they provide that zipper case for it, and put a slot in the back of the glove compartment for it?

"I actually get a lot of good information from Fred's posts, so why don't you go enlighten the rest of the internet somewhere else."
I believe the rest of the internet qualifies as somewhere else. And you want to get in the middle of this why?
Fred's not hurting anything with his posts here. Someone getting sarcastic with him aint helping anything. I'm just saying the sarcastic one, "That one" as JM would say, ought to leave him alone.

Because you claimed something not in evidence.
--
Save America; vote for Obama

Michelle Steiner wrote:

Here's the whole part of the thread referenced. How is this not in evidence?
News wrote: > > > fred seaver wrote: >> Whirring Sound >> There is a small electric-pump that pumps 3 liters of coolant into a thermal container (to keep it hot) every time you turn the hybrid system power OFF. When the power is turned back ON, the coolant is pump back into the engine. This process reduces emissions, by achieving warm-up much faster than with an engine that would normally have to heat itself up. This process also helps to reduce wear & tear on the engine. > > > Fascinating. Next please enlighten us on the inner workings of the Lunar Lander, over at: alt.lunar.landers.grumman
I actually get a lot of good information from Fred's posts, so why don't you go enlighten the rest of the internet somewhere else.
OscartheGrouch wrote:

And again, you want to get in the middle of this? Did you want me to back off News? Just let him keep bashing Fred unchallenged and for no good reason?
so why

That's the go somewhere else part. But I have changed my mind. After observing this thread for a few days I have decided that it is I who don't want to get in the middle of anything here. This is not the same Prius chat room that I lurked at a few years ago when I purchased my Prius. So carry on. I'm sure I'll still lurk.
OscartheGrouch wrote:

Don't let the door, etc.
News wrote:

But YOU were a bright spot in all this.

Because it didn't suggest that anyone go anywhere else.
--
Save America; vote for Obama

I sure hope you can get the important issue resolved. I'd hate to think of you spending yet another sleepless night.
OscartheGrouch wrote:

RTFM, check Sesame Street for your proper housing assignment, then FOAD.

I also got alot of information from Fred's posts and I can't see what kind of contribution you are making. If you have nothing constructive to add, then remain silent.
Kirsty Wursty wrote:

I also am not really adding anything constructive in this thread, only asking the sarcastic person who is also not adding anything constructive to back off Fred. Well, unless the Sesame Street reference is considered constructive around here.