420GSI (Tourer) has a cough!

My 1995 420GSi Tourer has a cough. 99.9% of the time it runs fine but on heavy accelleration, particulary as you go from the flat up a hill, it coughs. I wouldn't call it a misfire. I only lasts for as long as it would take me to cough once but for that split second it loses all power. It will then pull away up the hill perfectly.

Has anyone any suggestions?

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

My 620D has started doing the same thing (funnily enough, ever since I replaced the gearbox). I unplugged the vacuum pipe to the EGR valve and it hasn't happened since!

Darren

Reply to
Darren Jarvis