620 Central Locking

Just bought an immaculate 1993 620Si this afternoon. Only known problem is with the central locking. Hope someone can give me some advice ...

Basically, I can't unlock the front passenger door from outside at all ... the key just won't turn (OK from inside though). Also, when I lock/unlock the car (with the key, from the driver's door), the mechanism sounds very noisy and the offside rear passenger lock doesn't move. Have to say though, I don't know if these things are noisy anyway. The remote device just makes the system make rather less of a noise, but nothing moves at all!

Anyone have any bright ideas? I have to say that I haven't yet had a chance to do any investigation ... I've never had a car with the central business before, and am a bit at sea on this one. I'd normally be inclined to blast a bit of WD-40 in the passenger door lock, but I don't want to bugger anything up. Any insights would be appreciated!

Cheers Dave

Reply to
Jake