erratic idling

new problem on my 95N 820si. It will either idle at about 2000 RPM or alternatively not idle at all. Sometimes at start up it idles normally at about 900 RPM but after about half hour of driving one or other of the above faults start. any help appreciated and thanks to all who helped sort out my alternator problem

Reply to
jane evans

Others may correct me if I'm wrong but that is often a symptom caused by a defective or poorly connected thermostat.

Reply to
Paul Hubbard