ABS problems

I've been recently having a spot of bother with the ABS on my 420. It keeps occasionally kicking in randomly and seems to follow a set pattern on the wheel when it does occur. Presuming this is a sensor problem, either it is dirty or faulty. What should I look for when testing each sensor? Does the resistance decrease as the wheel is turned or vice versa?

Any help appreciated.

Reply to
Neil

|| I've been recently having a spot of bother with the ABS on my 420. || It keeps occasionally kicking in randomly and seems to follow a set || pattern on the wheel when it does occur. Presuming this is a sensor || problem, either it is dirty or faulty. What should I look for when || testing each sensor? Does the resistance decrease as the wheel is || turned or vice versa? || || Any help appreciated. || Hi

Check the sensor ring on the front CV joints, I have seen 2 over the last couple of weeks where the sensor ring splits and gives exactly the symptons you have described, the ring corrodes and when it splits away fronm the CV joint it comes too close to the sensor. the latest was a rover 200, unfortunately the only cure is a replacement CV joint

Des

Des

Reply to
Des

Cheers Des,

I'll check this out, perhaps a new CV joint might be in order then.

Reply to
Neil