Auto box rover 200

Anyone know where I can get an Autobox for a rover 200? Used, recon, whatever?

Thanks!

Reply to
Burgerman

Given that an auto recon is quite easily going to cost over a grand, and a good used box anything up to £500, I'd probably either consider a manual conversion or breaking the car.

Reply to
SteveH

S'all ready broke I am trying to fix it...

Recon box about 700 squid!

Reply to
Burgerman

Scrap it. YKIMS.

Reply to
SteveH

yeah, we just supplied a recon auto rover box, common fault with these apparantly, losing drive in 1st and 2nd gears. anyway because of this we decided against a second hand one, very likely you will experience the same problem in the future so pay a bit extra and make sure its properly reconditioned. i can't remember the company name that supplied it, i can look it up at work if you want, but they did a great job for about £900, to the point where they even came out to deliver themselves and flushed the oil coolers out (in case of swarf contamination). this price also included the torque converter, something i would highly reccomend you don't skimp on, (a bit like changing a clutch without replacing the release bearing etc) let me know if you want the name of these guys and i'll look it up. expensive job whichever way you look at it. steve (oxford)

Reply to
steve

Absolutely. It's not possible to clean out a torque convertor without dismantling it which can cost as much as a new one. And when a gearbox fails it usually deposits crud throughout the oil ways. Thorough cleaning of *everything* is essential.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

I assume this is the Honda box and not the CVT one?

ken

Reply to
Ken Forrest

Good point. Dunno, because its a car run by one of my carers... Just tryin to help find one.

Reply to
Burgerman

Engine on the passenger side - the honda box. Engine on the driver's side and sitting in a puddle of coolant - the Rover box. :P

Reply to
marko

Well I don't know, cant see it, but its a gonner now.... But it ate a head gasket a few months ago so its prolly a rover...

Reply to
Burgerman