Brake judder on Rover 620ti

I'm getting severe shaking at the steering wheel and brake pedal when braking at motorway speeds in my Rover 620ti.

There has always been a gentle feedback through the pedal when the ABS is kicking in, but the shaking is quite violent now.

I think it's warped discs, but a mechanic has suggested it may be worn bushes.

Obviously I don't want to waste money on things that may not fix the problem, so I'm wondering if other people have had similar problems and what they found to be the causes.

Reply to
Tyler D

It could also be wheel alignment. Ask a MOT station to perform a brake test. The price shouldn't break the bank, and you will know if it's warped discs.

Reply to
malc

It's almost certainly shafted discs.

Unfortunately, bad design means most TI owners experience it.

Reply to
Nom

agree, warped discs, the vibration comes when you apply the brake onto a warped disc and the caliper has to throw itself left and right as the disc rotates. replace both discs on the front making sure the hubs where they are mounted are both clean. replace the pads too. not a good idea to put old pads onto new discs. steve.

Reply to
someone

Sure enough, it did turn out to be warped discs and they've been replaced along with new pads.

Thanks.

Reply to
Tyler D

Expect your new ones to have warped within a few months :)

I have *no* idea what Honda were thinking, when they decided to stick the disk behind the hub ! I guess it was forced by the double-wishbone suspension ?

Reply to
Nom

when did they do that then ???

Reply to
someone

When they invented the Honda Accord.

To be honest, it's not unique to Honda - some other Jap cars also use the same system.

Reply to
Nom