CD Autochnager in Rover 45

Hi all,

The CD Auto-changer in my Rover 45 is being temperamental. It jumps at the slightest bump in the road and also is very fussy about the type of disk being played. It has taken a dislike to CD-R's by either refusing to play them or skipping through the track/s. I have used a cd cleaner with no difference.

Has any one else experienced these or other problems with their CD auto-changer? Incidentally mine is mounted in the boot on the left hand side and the mountings all look in good condition.

Bruce.

Reply to
Bruce Varney

had exactly the same thing, the laser mountings inside mine had worn meaning the distance to disc from the laser kept varying hence the skipping etc etc.

Local car audio place could of fixed it but said it was around £100 and advised me it would be cheaper to find a s/hand one which i did for £40.

if you look around on the net you can find a few places that sell leads to connect non- same make units, ie: kenwood to sony blaupunkt to goodmans. obviously because of the differences there is only a limited range of these leads and ther aren't cheap but might be an idea if you have to go down the change the changer route.

just in case your not aware, there is 2 very good forums for mg/rover

1,
both have great bunch of helpfull guys.
Reply to
ajsmith

I have an unused changer CHM 604 MP3. It came out of a brand new facelift ZS, never used because the dealer changed the standard radio cassette for CD Radio.

If it is of any use I would like to sell it.

Stig

Reply to
Paul Segynowycz

Please note, however, if you do not plan to buy a Hyundai on the Rev Sun Childs commission plan, every post you make to these forums will be subject to a "three point infraction" and the cutting off of your emmoluments.

Bazza

Reply to
Bazza