Cd-cartridge stuck

In my 75 sterling the cartridge with the cd's in the cd-changer is stuck; it won't com out. Also the system (radio) says there is no CD available.

Please has anyone a suggestion how to get the cartridge out?

Reply to
bunsje

I'd be inclined to think a CD tray has become trapped open ! All I can suggest, is to remove the player, and gently tap downwards, on the end with the cartridge in the hope it will free itself ! Else I guess it's off to the car audio place !

Andy Pandy To e-mail, address hopefully, self-explanatory !

Reply to
Andy Pandy

It's in my glove compartment, but how is it fxed in there? I ean how can I remove the player?

Obliged, Bunsje "Andy Pandy" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
bunsje

Tricky one that ! :-{

Usually they're secured with a couple of plastic angle brackets, which can be fitted either facing away from the front for vertical mounting, or downwards for mounting on a flat surface.

Without seeing it, I have no idea, but all I can suggest is a torch and a stubby screwdriver !

It might be worth asking first, for ideas to release the cassette in uk.rec.audio,car

Andy Pandy To e-mail, address hopefully, self-explanatory !

Reply to
Andy Pandy

Hi, not trying to be funny. Could it possibly be no power getting to the cd player. That would prevent the cartrige being released and also show as no content available to the radio. Possibly just an inline fuse blown somewhere. Superdad

Reply to
superdad

Thanks for reacting; but i can hear the machine trying to eject the cartridge; going to try to remove the changer soemwhere this weekend. "superdad" schreef in bericht news:bp1l4f$vdb$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk...

Reply to
bunsje