headlight adjustment on rover 75

Well folks I am a proud owner of a 2001 Rover 75. So far so good. But I was wondering the LHS headlight seems to have a different beam spread to the RHS. It seems to be more concentrated and spot on the ground just in front of the car. Now is this common and if not what could be causing it? And is there a trick to adjusting the head light? All help gratefully accepted.

Damien

Brisbane Australia

Reply to
Damien

If you have a look at the top of the headlight assembly (under the bonnet), you see a couple of plastic cross-head screws (down inside a little recess). These are the height adjusters, one for the dipped and one for the full-beam. One thing you may want to check is that the one bulb hasn't been fitted up-side-down. One of mine was and it gave a similar result to what you describe. The bulbs have small lugs that seat in the fitting, if it's in wrongly it doesn't sit right. Have a look at my web-site

and you'll find the method of getting at the bulbs under the FAQ's / Fixes section. Sign my guestbook while your there, I've yet to have anyone in Australia sign. Regards, Andrew Jenkins.

Reply to
Andy J.