LR3 - opinions?

My '92 RR is starting show signs of old age (180K miles), so I decided to check out a new one this week. I read a lot of preliminary reports on the LR3 which was all very positive.

So I test drove a V6 LR3 today (wife doesn't want a V8). Decent zip. Superb turning radius (surprisingly good imo). Interior certainly was better designed than my old '92. Looks like Toyota UI designers were at work (I mean that in a positive way). Very roomy interior. If you put all the back seats flat, its extremely spacious for carrying stuff. Entertainment system was good but not great. I could see why it got positive reviews.

But you guys know this.

So what's up with the rear exterior? That weird 'swoosh' look and those humongous rear lights make it look like your average suburban SUV. What was wrong with a classic "Rover" look in the back? The RR and Sport have more of that classic look (well... certainly more than in previous years). Honestly, I was a bit disappointed.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Frank G.

Reply to
Frank D. Greco