Remote key fob inoperative

The remote central locking key fobs have both stopped working I think as a result of the batteries being put in up side down, any idea as to cost to replace for a 96 600, haven't plucked up the courage to ask a dealer yet as I suspect it would be horrendous.

Tony

Reply to
apk1

This might seem a silly question, but have you actually tried a new battery since taking the old one out? Ian

Reply to
Ian

my 200 vi keyfob cost £50 and i think that was a discount from a nice rover employee who drove to my house to open the locks !

the central unit sometimes looses the code and needs reprogramming..at a cost, bloke felt sorry for me so did it for free

Reply to
Bryn

Yes, changed batteries, no joy, light does not work, so assumed fob inoperative.

Tony

Reply to
apk1

Reply to
Lee Shepherd

Both of my key fob pack up on me. Rover wanted around 130 pound to reprogram a brand-new key flop. As my car has done 62000 mile and was worth about

Reply to
Paul