Rover 600 remote central locking

The remote part of the central locking on my '99 Rover 600 Ti stopped working the other (for no apparent reason), ie: the central locking still works using the key, and the key fob itself is working (changed batteries and tried spare key fob too) but the car-side of the remote system isn't working.

Is the central locking controlled by the ECU? Is there some way of resetting the system without having to take it to a Rover dealer? Any other ideas?

Thanks Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

Central locking unit is in the boot under the carpet on the right had side just above the rear wheel arch.

Mine stopped working because water somehow got into it. I cleaned up the connectors, took the circuit board out and dried it then relocated it to the underside of the parcel shelf.

Reply to
Conor

ok thanks, I'll have a shufty at that tonight.

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

I have the same problem with a 400 tdi 96 reg. The Haynes manual shows that the rcl unit is behind the ashtray, but the unit there is marked as ABS, is it combined in this unit or have the Haynes manual got it wrong..

Thanks Roy

Reply to
roy

HBOL got it wrong or they meant the sensor is there.

Reply to
Conor