Rover 200 whiring noise?

Hi all

I own a 1997 Rover 200 1400cc 16v, manual. The problem is, when I am in gear there is a whirring noise coming from somewhere. The noise only happens when I rev it in gear and the higher the revs and the higher the gear the louder the noise. Also, when I lift off of the accelerator and the car falls back onto its gears then the noise is there too. Gear change is perfectly fine and I have not noticed any leaking fluid. The car is driving as good as always, its just this really annoying whirring (that's the best way I can describe it) that has appeared in the last week or so.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much for your time.

David

Reply to
David Brooks

your gearbox oil filled? been changed recently?

Reply to
Stuart Turrell