rover 25 hydraulic lifters

Hi, does anyone know how much of a job it is to change a set of hydraulic lifters on a rover 25 1.4 16v on a W plate (2000)? Any help will be most appreciated. Thanks Guy

Reply to
uk_gas

the Haynes manual is only £15 on ebay and a most useful thing to behold.

Reply to
Lez Pawl

thanks for the advice. what i really should have asked was do you need to remove the cams to replace them? i dont need to know how to do it just wether it is possible. thanks for any replies.

Reply to
uk_gas

thanks for the advice. what i really should have asked was do you need to remove the cams to replace them? i dont need to know how to do it just wether it is possible. thanks for any replies.

oooo OK for £5 I'll get MY manual out and have a look........

Reply to
Lez Pawl

and the answer is Yes, Camshafts first then lift out hydraulic tappets......which you refer to as lifters.

Haynes 4145 Rover 25 & MG ZR 1999 to 2004

that will be £5 please.............

dj

Reply to
Lez Pawl

Thanks for that. I really appreciate all of your help. The reason I was asking is because I've been told that they can be done without removing the cams, but I was reluctant to believe them to be honest. Also, sorry to be a nuisance but does removing the cams involve undoing the head bolts?

Reply to
uk_gas

Thanks for that. I really appreciate all of your help. The reason I was asking is because I've been told that they can be done without removing the cams, but I was reluctant to believe them to be honest. Also, sorry to be a nuisance but does removing the cams involve undoing the head bolts?

No just Camshaft carrier bolts of which there are 26.

the head bolts are further down.

Reply to
Lez Pawl

excellent, thank you so much for all your help.

Reply to
uk_gas