Rover 25 Impression S

I take delivery of this car on Saturday and I am looking at mp3 players. Halfords seem to have a nice selection, can 3rd party cd players be fitted to this car or do I have to buy a custom part.

Thanks John

Reply to
Fitzy_bhoy

Avoid Halfords - they're LUDICROUSLY expensive (like 100% extra in some cases !)

Yep.

Nope. Although you may need a wiring and/or facia and/or stalk adaptor to make it fit - the retailer will be able to advise. Take your business to

or
or

Nom

Thanks, I only tried halfords because they are a brand name. However I will shop around for a player now that I know that I can buy one

Reply to
Fitzy_bhoy

Now that I have picked up the car, I am just a small bit disappointed. Firstly the dealer didn't give me any mats, just a small matter but the last time I bought one from them they supplied them and I just assumed this time would be the same.

The main gripe is no spare wheel. All that was in the boot was a can of sealant for a puncture, which I assume is just adequate to get you to a repair garage. Seeing as there is no spare wheel there is no jack or tyre iron. I now have the additional expense of a jack, iron and a spare wheel. Also as the alloys supplied with the car have 5 studs, I don't even know if I can buy a a rim with 5 studs in that size. I was looking to go to a local scrap yard and pick up up, but this limits my choice.

Overall I am quite disappointed as I previously owned a Rover 200 S Reg and this car seems to be lacking in specs even though it is 7 years on almost.

Just wanted to get that off my chest.

John

Reply to
Fitzy_bhoy

Mats are almost always an optional extra.

The sealant is there to replace the spare wheel - you don't need to fit one. Worst-case-scenario (ie, total blow-out or whatever), then you just call your breakdown company.

Reply to
Nom

I realise that now, will remember for future reference.

Is it not illegal to drive without a spare wheel?

Thanks John

Reply to
Fitzy_bhoy

Nope.

If you think about it, how important is it really ? I've been driving nearly ten years, and I've used my spare wheel a total of zero times so far.

As above, worst-case scenario is that you have to call out your breakdown company (AA, RAC or whoever)

Reply to
Nom

I just assumed that it was because when I first passed my test someone at the time told me it was and it just stuck.

Thanks John

Reply to
Fitzy_bhoy