Rover 75 Air Conditioning

Having just bought an 02 reg 75 Classic SE, I am suspicious that the air con does not work very well. From switching on, the temperature drop is slight and takes a couple of minutes to happen. Also, there is some noise from the unit, almost like "differential whine".

As I am new to this car I wondered if anybody has experience of this before I commit it to the garage?

Thanks, Tony

Reply to
Tony

I don't know if Climate Control is different, but my 75 has this and it does take some time to reduce the temperature on a hot day.

Surprisingly, it seems to work better with the recirculation button off.

Econ mode is hopeless for cooling.

And, yes, the unit does make quite a whine and definitely worsens fuel consumption when it's on.

Sorry I can't be more help.

ken

Reply to
Ken Forrest

Only because in econ mode the aircon does not run!

Reply to
Bob