Rover 416 Heater - not woking

I have a Rover 416 with air-con and the heater has suddenly stopped working. The airflow is fine and the heater knob seems to be switching air as it should but I get no warm air. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Reply to
Rogue Rabbit

at best it could be the switching system. a faulty switch (may require a new switch or a just a clean)

Or it could be an airlock in the system (bit more of a problem)

At worst it could be signs of the head gasket (common problem with the rovers) Are you losing water? Is the water temperature gauge going higher than normal? check your water level. but also check your oil level. If your water goes down and oil goes up. You've got problems.

Hope you find a faulty switch :)

Rob

Reply to
Rob Beech

Thanks for the response Rob,

I have looked further and find that the hose is hot on the engine side of the switch but cold on the other, so I am hoping that a new switch will do it. There does not seem to be water loss, and the temp gauge is where it always has been.

Thanks Mark

Reply to
Rogue Rabbit

you should be lucky then.........