Smell of petrol

I am getting a smell of petrol at the rear of my 416i There is also a whiff in the boot but I cannot see any sign of leakage an no tell tale signs when the car has been stationary for an extended period. The petrol cap is OK

Anyone had the problem? How was it resolved?

Pop

Reply to
pop

I have heard of this problem. Check your filler hose, from the petrol cap to the tank. It may have become loose or there is a crack in it.

PDH

Reply to
Paul Hubbard