Smell of Petrol fumes in car...

Hi All Have a 1986 Nissan Sunny 1.6 Coupe. with 35,000 miles on (yes 35!!) car is in as new condition, amazing for its age.

Am having problems with smell of petrol (fumes) inside the car when going up hills !! Omly happens when going up hills and smell appears to come through air vets. Have checked underneath of car and no problems with fuel pipes etc, no visiable leaks anywhere after been on the drive overnight. Ive pulled over to the side of the road while the smell has been there and looked under the bonnet but theres no visible signs of leaking petrol anywhere.

Any help appreciated thanks Simon

Reply to
Simon Wimpenny

I have the same problem with my 1989 Nissan 1.6 Bluebird. I think it could be the same engine. Mine is worse in hot weather and with an empty tank-I took it to 2 garages, neither had a clue what the problem was. The problem is it's intermittent so I can't demonstrate the problem. It's also worse when I open the (esp. left) windows, so it seems to be coming from outside on the left side..

Please let me know if you find the cause!

Reply to
David Wood