Twitching steering wheel

Hi,

I've noticed just lately that my steering wheel twitches from side to side when I'm driving slowly. I had the tracking checked and it's fine, the tyres are the right pressure and I can find no damage to the suspension... Maybe I should get a second opinion on the tracking??? BTW the car in question is a '98 200 1.4 16v.

Steve

Reply to
Tunafish

Wheels may need balancing, although this doesn't usually show below high speed.

Reply to
Nom

The fronts are nearly down to the wear indicators so will wait untill I get some new ones soon.

Steve

Reply to
Tunafish

Had the same problem on my brothers 420d 1997.

The problem was found out to be a misshaped front wheel hub/bearing carrier. £70 new from Rover or £15 from a breakers.

A.

Reply to
andy westwood