Wobble in steering wheel

Hi got the wheel on the front passenger side swapped to rear passenger side it was wearing a bit as it needed tracked which I did. When braking I get a wobble through the steering wheel and at high speeds it wobbles. Suspension is fine any ideas?

Regards

Reply to
Any

Any wrote in news:3f5f8ae0$0$251$ snipped-for-privacy@news.dial.pipex.com:

Your front rotors need machining, one or both are warped.

Reply to
vince candline

In message , vince candline writes

So why didn't it wobble before he swapped his wheels?

Its more likely that the wheel which was on the rear and is now on the front needs balancing.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Paul Giverin wrote in news:1wC$+xAuLMY$Ewhs@10.0.0.3:

Yes Paul, that is obvious. The fact is, touching the brake pedal is causing a warped rotor to be felt in the steering wheel.

Reply to
vince candline

In message , vince candline writes

No, an out of balance wheel will often cause a vibration when the brakes are applied as well as driving at a certain speed, just like the original poster reports. This does not mean that the brake disks are warped. I have had this problem on various cars over the years. Once the front wheels are balanced there is no wobble when braking.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Hi thanks all for replying.

Regards