Stiff steering on Cit ZX

Citroen ZX 1.9D Power steering. Steering goes stiff and won't self centre. Clunk coming from front off side . Does this sound like bottom ball joints needing replaced? Upper suspension bearings are new, power steering works, new tyres on front, tracking is possible not toed in enough, as in I think they are dead ahead. I would hate to get the traking done, then need ball joints, only to need the tracking done again.

Reply to
Tunku

Tunku wrote in news:Xns9A5780CB234BFstuartggraydslpipexc@216.196.109.145:

Anyone have any ideas before I go and buy new bottom end ball joints? £9 each from my local factor :-)

Reply to
Tunku

================================== It might be the rear wishbone bush or both.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

In which case a complete after market wishbone cw ball joint and both bushes is 30 quid, stick the spring compressors on before you take the weight off the wheels. Without them it's a bit difficult to refit the ball joint to the strut.

The bush didn't seem to make steering heavy when it went.

AJH

Reply to
AJH