Steering Wheel Wobble - Not balance

Hi, What else would cause the steering wheel to oscillate - I can rule out wheel balance, since the problem persisted even after 4 new tyres, wheel balancing and tracking.

It is most evident up to 40 mph then disappears a bit and then returns at around 60.

The car is a Golf 3. TIA

Reply to
Sasso

In message , Sasso writes

I've got the same problem with my Focus. I've had the wheels balanced 3 times now but its still not right. I've got an MOT next week so I'll ask the tester to report any wear in the steering or front suspension.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Check: Drive shaft balance, anti roll bar, track control arms, wheel bearings. DaveK

Reply to
DaveK

Buckled wheel though i expect balancing to have picked this up no?

Reply to
Tom Burton

Egg shaped tyres.

Reply to