1982 900T exhaust manifold gasket

Putting my car back together after replacing the head. The head gasket set has a heat shield and "asbestos" type exhaust manifold gaskets. I've received conflicting advice on whether or not to use the asbestos bits. The Saab manual shows only the heat shield. Any opinions? Thanks!

Reply to
Jim Babcock

Unless you're planning to eat and/or breathe the asbestos, you'll be fine.

Reply to
Dave Hinz