40k mile service

I have a 2005 9-3 Linear. My gas guage was faulty recently, so I ran out of gas, but got the free tow to the nearest garage with Saab Roadside.

At the garage they agreed to replace the fuel pump, and gas guage because it's under warantee, but also said I missed the 40k mile service. I thought they was one at 25/30k then 60k? Is there a 40k too? I also paid $330 for it. It included an oil change, tires balance, and rotate, a check of everything.....the normal stuff, but nothing major. Does this price seem normal?

Reply to
trosen

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

What does the service book in the glovebox say?

Reply to
Adrian

That sounds like something that might come from the dealers, but i would not expect it to be that much if you played your cards right. Specifically, there are places that give free tire rotations and the like for the life of the tire when you use them, and then most oil changes usually cost about $30 - $90 IME. I don't know how much a tire balance costs, though.

You really should check in your manual and the service booklet and see just what is expected around that time. The Saab dealer around here says that they just go by the service indicator on the vehicle, and they have two different services that they alternate.

Aaron Hsu

Reply to
Aaron W. Hsu

I had trouble finding it in the book. But my service alert did come on around 40k....but when i called a different dealer to book somethign, they said I was fine until 60k.

It didnt' seem like anything major was done on this 40k service. Just a bunch of checks, and a 'synthetic' oil change, which does cost around $100 normally, but the lasts far longer, so it's worth it. Rotations should cost

Reply to
trosen