89 900 wiper motor not putting out + engine surges at low speeds

Just picked up a 1989 900 turbo convertible with electrical issues. I have 2 main problems-wiper motor runs but not strong enough to make it across the windshield + at idle the engine surges. I know there are some electrical bugs in the car because when I turn on the wipers the side marker lights come on. When I step on the brake 3 bulbs illuminate on the left/1 on the right & something lights up in the front as well, although I haven't checked to see which bulb that is yet. When I got the car the taillight bulbs were screwed up-wrong bulbs installed & some were corroded. I replaced a few but need to pick up more. For the surging issue I heard it could be a fuel delivery problem so I tried fuel injector cleaner & replaced the fuel filter but it didn't help. I'm wondering if a lot of these problems could be related because the car didn't surge when I test-drove it nor was there a problem with the wiper motor. That is until I took it on the highway (1st time in a couple of months according to the previous owner). Any advice would be much appreciated.

Reply to
Rick

Based on both my experience and your car's apparent wiring corrosion issues, it might be worthwhile to check the engine electrical connections (e.g. at the air mass meter) for corrosion, loose connections, etc.

John

Reply to
John B

Reply to