89 900T Battery drain problems

I have an 89 900T Convt. For over a year and a half I have had a horrible battery drain problem. For a while I used a battery cut-off switch to some success, but then that did not even work, as while I was driving the battery was not get re-charged. I brought the car into the shop this summer and they replaced a cable from the alternator to the block (ground wire). That seemed to do the trick for a while. But now I am back to square one. Battery and alternator have tested fine. Now I have 2 problems that might be related.

1.) Power window switch. Constantly have to clean the contacts. Window switches constantly need to be switched from one cable to another to lower/raise window. At times the windows will not function until I switch it to different switches. 2.) Heater blower fuse constantly blows. Almost every other day the fuse is blown at some point.

Now here is my question. First how much do people think the heater blower fuse-blowing could be the culprit?

Second. To try and narrow down the source of the power leak, will disconnecting the fuses help? I was thinking that each night I could remove all fuses. Then next day put them in. Then I would each night leave one fuse in. If over time that selected fuse doesnt seem to be a source of the problem I could move to adding more fuses each night that I wouldn't pull.

Reply to
SBN

Get an ammeter and hook it up to the battery. Check for current draw. If there is current draw then pull fuses one at a time until you find circuit that is causing the draw. Wiring diagram might come in helpful at this point.

John

Reply to
Captain Freedom