900 Convert. top replacement

Just thought I would share this. My convertible top was long in need of repair. I was quoted at $3200 here in Minnesota at a local shop for replacement and labor. Other people told me that they paid around $3500-$4000 for theirs. That was too much for my taste. So I purchased one off of Ebay. It was a low end top from a dealer called Richandfamoustops, although all of them seem to sell the same top. Cost was $280. Took me and my brother about 6 hours to replace top and repair rear window. It is a little tricky to do some things, but for the most part it just entails using a power stapler (3/8"), screw driver, and hammer. I was actually amazed at how simple the top comes off. Putting it back on you just have to do it in reverse. So to sum it up. If you have a top that needs replacing, do not fear that this is a task that is too difficult for most. If you can change an alternator or do other minimal tasks, then replacing a top would be no problem for you.

Reply to
SBN

What is the stapler for ?

Reply to