9-3 Saab Conv Engine compartment noise!

I have a 2000 Saab Conv SE Turbo with 72K miles on it. It has a 5spd tranny. I am not the original owner, but I have complete maintenance history on the vehicle. Anyway, the car seems to drive very well, good power, smooth acceleration. The problem is I hear a very loud noise from engine. It can be heard from outside the car, inside the car with or without the windows down. It sounds like someone is brewing a big pot of coffee under the hood (or like a kid blowing bubbles into a cup of mike). I checked the engine and it seems to be coming from turbo charger area, but I can't be certain. Any ideas?

Reply to
Izodmartin

Izodmartin

Change the upper idler pulley and belt while you are in there. Careful with the pipe that attaches to the WP. Be sure to clean the iron entrance to the block before putting the new pump in.

Reply to
- Bob -