9-3 spark plugs

I am changing my 99 9-3 SE plugs for the first time since I bought the car. I got a set of plugs from what I believe to be a reliable dealer. He gave me NGK BCP6EV and said that was what Saab was callign for now. After reading several posts on this site I am not sure if these are the correct plugs or not. I don't want to run too hot or cold. The car seems a little quicker since I changed them. Also had a problem with the heater/cooler fan not shutting off. I had to pull the fuse to shut it off. Anyone have an idea where I could find the switch that must have gone bad for the heater/A/C fan?

Gary

Reply to
gary30269

gary30269 wrote: :: I am changing my 99 9-3 SE plugs for the first time since I bought :: the car. I got a set of plugs from what I believe to be a reliable :: dealer. He gave me NGK BCP6EV and said that was what Saab was

Get rid of those plugs right away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plugs for Saab engines needs to be "R"-plugs. So they have to be called: BCP-R6EV.

The plugs are part of the Trionic enigine-management-system. Meaning the enginemanagement is using the plugs to sence knocking + +. If they don't have the right resistance, you'll fry your DI-module.

Cheers!

Reply to
Henrik B.

Henrik,

Thanks for the info. That's what I finally figured out after talking with Saab this morning. Those plugs are outta here!

Gary

Reply to
gary30269