9 SAAB 9000 Turbo removal

My turbo leaks oil when cold and the engine smokes out the tailpipe. Fine when hot. I have a replacement I bought from a college kid in New England.

It looks as if some of the bolts may be a bit difficult to get to. I do have the manual (CD-ROM) and I will look at it before I tackle this job.

However, if any of you has done a similar replacement job, your advice will be appreciated. There may be things to watch out for that the manual may not mention.

Thanks,

Charles

Reply to
Charles

Take the fan out and things will be more accessible.

Here's a link:

Frank /~

@/

Reply to
Frank Vuotto

Thanks,

I have printed out the turbo R&R page and the adjusting page and will follow them, along with the manual.

Charles

Frank Vuotto wrote:

Reply to
Charles

You need the following tools:

23 mm (or was it 22 mm?) open wrench to loosen the O2 sensor, 13 mm short open wrench to remove the exhaust connection and the TC from the exhaust header. I found 1/2" open wrench works better. 12 mm to 19 mm socket to remove the banjo bolts on three hard lines on the TC.

There is nothing to it, just time consuming. You don't need to remove the AC compressor or the fan. Budget 4 hours.

Reply to
yaofeng