Saab 9-5 1999 SE

I know that we have brushed on this subject in the past however is there anyone out there that repairs the cd/cass/radio center piece...

My cd player refuses to accept any new cd's ahahha

-ang

Reply to
Angelo

It might not be the player, it might be the CDs. Sony for one, is putting a new "copy protection" scheme (which of course, doesn't work for that) which makes the CDs not compatible with the industry standard they helped to establish years ago. So, CD players which conform to the standard suddenly don't work with CDs which are crippled with this new format.

Check with other CDs that you've used in the car before, does it still work for them? If I've misunderstood your question, then nevermind, but it's probably a matter of time before one of these vendors does just that. I know one of my players at home (a sony, ironically enough) already doesn't work with recent Sony CDs for just this reason.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Very good point however it is the cd player... even if it wont play a cd, the cd player will accept it and suck it in. Mine will not do that anymore.

-tks ang

Reply to
Angelo

. "Angelo" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
Brian

The head unit is designed with one section containing the radio and tape deck, and another unit containing the CD player. There is a connector between these two unit that sometimes makes poor contact. It is easy to remove the head unit using two U-shaped tools (same as used by many other car audio brands) and wiggle the CD unit connector to see if it starts working again.

Reply to
Goran Larsson

Would this still be the case if when i start the car and it does it cd check comes back okay.. Also lets assume I force a cd in.. I can press the cd button and it will allow me to extract it without any issues.

Reply to
Angelo