9000 cs idle speed

My 94 9000cs intermittently idles high as soon as it's started. The idle doesn't go down as it warms up. What module controls the idle speed. It's a non-turbo with DI cassette. Thanks for any advice.

Reply to
ajs

My guess from my experience is that there is a vacuum leakage due to a split end in one of the smaller hoses to the manifold. If you find the split, then clean off the end with a sharp knife and refit.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

Could well be a vacuum hose, however another possibility is the IAC valve.

I posted in response to a similar question here:

(You will need to reconstruct this long URL into a single line)

Adrian

Reply to
SAABurger

You're welcome.

Reply to
Ski

Thanks to all who responded. After cleaning out the IAC valve, which on this car was a bitch to remove and replace (lost a little skin), the idle is back to normal. I was surprised at the colour of the cleaner that collected in the can I was using (a nice shade of brown). If you guys lived near by, I'd buy you a beer!

Reply to
ajs

What's your address?

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith

Well done Ski. I was in too much of a hurry to do that myself.

Reply to
SAABurger