idle speed

Does anyone know the correct idle speed for a non turbo '85 zx, or where I can look it up? Thanks.

Reply to
Brad

According to my "Haynes" repair manual, which covers '84 to '89 Z's... well it doesn't say for sure. What it does say is the timing should be 18 to 22 degrees at 700 rpm. So I'm assuming that is the correct idle speed. It doesn't differentiate between turbo and non turbo.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

I believe it's 700 for an automatic in drive, I assume its the same for a manual transmission, but I've found that 700 is just too low to power the alternator to accomodate all the electrical devices, like AC, lights, brake lights etc. So 800 to 900 is good for me, but again I believe standard speed is 700 on our cars.

Reply to
GamePlayer No. 1058

I have noticed on my '87 Automatic that the idle will pick by 100 rpm if I turn anything on, and the idle will return when I turn it off.

Reply to
Randy

Reply to
Brad