9000 CS low turbo boost

I have a 9000 2.3 CS Carlsson turbo. The performance is poor probably due to the fact that the turbo boost never rises above the base boost level.

I have checked everything hat I can think of that is obvious....the APC fuse is OK, the valve (whatever it's called) on the radiator is not making any funny noises, the various tubes are connected etc.

Other than taking it to a Saab dealer, can anyone suggest where to start looking for the source of the problem?

TIA

Paul BJ

Reply to
Paul Brownjohn

Does it have TCS? If not, it may be a dead BPC valve. Just did this on my dad's '94 Aero. We verified it by swapping a known good one from my car. A new valve is spendy, a used less so, but it is unknown. See if you can find a kind soul to loan you his known good to check it out.

KeithG

Paul Brownjohn wrote:

Reply to
KeithG

Yep...it has TCS (unfortunately)....however I do have the advantage of having a 1991 2.3 9000S FPT lying around at my place so I do have a source for any bits that are compatible

Cheers

Paul BJ

Reply to
Paul Brownjohn