'91 9000 2.3 Brake problem

Having finally got a rear calliper replaced, and getting a handbrake functioning again(yay!), I have suffered what feels like a servo failure.

The brakes still work, but require huge force. The garage tells me the vacuum from the manifold is ok, and if they suck the pipe to the servo, it holds the vacuum. So - any ideas?

Some clever piece of Saab electronics involved somewhere? She only has 204k miles, so barely run in, really.

Cheers Julian

Reply to
Jools

My garage is now saying that the servo is actually motor operated, and the motor has failed. Anyone know anything about this system? Please? Even with breaker parts, they are quoting £300 to fix!

Cheers Julian

Reply to
Jools